The Jersey Jim Foundation operates and maintains renovated U.S. Forest properties in the San Juan National Forest. Founded in 1991 with the preservation and establishment of the rental system for Jersey Jim Lookout Tower, we have obtained a permit to offer for rent the Aspen Guard Station (2021) and the Glade Guard Station (2022).
We want to apologize for the confusing language you may have received regarding a reservation request. We have corrected this issue. Thank you for being patient with us as we navigate this new system. We have also addressed the phone and a new # will be posted soon.
If you received an email that said the following, “Unfortunately, we could not get back to you regarding your booking request on time. We do not want to keep you waiting anymore and thus will consider your booking request as "expired".”
That means the date(s) you requested for the Jersey Jim Fire Tower or the Aspen Guard Cabin have already been booked and are not available. We were unaware of this automatic message and did not yet have time to decline requests. Again, we apologize for the confusion. Any other requests will be declined as dates are fully booked.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We appreciate you.
- We have three beautiful places available to rent; the Jersey Jim Fire Lookout Tower, Aspen Guard Station and Glade Station.
- Jersey Jim Tower is an old Forest Service Fire Tower 55' in the air with an open room and a 360 degree view of the beautiful San Juan Mountains.
- Both Aspen and Glade Stations are cabins which offer 2-3 rooms, perfect for a family getaway.
- Enjoy the beauty of the San Juan Mountains along with hiking, bike, horse and 4 wheeling trails, fishing and so much more!
- You are only a drive from Mesa Verde National Park and the Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad.