The Jersey Jim Foundation operates and maintains renovated U.S. Forest properties in the San Juan National Forest. Founded in 1991 with the preservation and establishment of the rental system for Jersey Jim Lookout Tower, we have obtained a permit to offer for rent the Aspen Guard Station and the Glade Guard Station (Closed for maintenance).
Rental process, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Starting Friday, March 1st at 1:00pm MST, rentals for the 2024 season ONLY will be available. The purpose of switching from phone calls to the website, as well as the first come, first serve program is to allow new visitors to stay at these incredible and historic sites. We rent out one season at a time. On March 1st you may make a "reservation request" for any dates you want, multiple requests can be made, however ONLY ONE request will be honored. Please do not abuse the system, as this is a very time consuming process.
If you are the first to put in a reservation (mind you there are multiple requests for every day of the season), you will receive an email asking you to accept the terms and pay. If you do not respond/pay within the time period (2 days) then the next reservation request will have an opportunity to take the date(s). If you put in a request, but were not granted a stay, you will be placed on our cancellation list. If we have a cancellation, those on the list will be contacted first to see if they want those date(s).
We have hundreds of requests, so please be patient as our team works through these. We will try to have all requests finalized that first week of March. Please do not blow up the phone line, as that is a personal number. We do our best to accommodate as many people as we can. Any request made prior to March 1st at 1:00pm WILL NOT be accepted.
- We have three beautiful places available to rent; the Jersey Jim Fire Lookout Tower, Aspen Guard Station and Glade Station.
- Jersey Jim Tower is an old Forest Service Fire Tower 55' in the air with an open room and a 360 degree view of the beautiful San Juan Mountains.
- Both Aspen and Glade Stations are cabins which offer 2-3 rooms, perfect for a family getaway.
- Enjoy the beauty of the San Juan Mountains along with hiking, bike, horse and 4 wheeling trails, fishing and so much more!
- You are only a drive from Mesa Verde National Park and the Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad.